Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Sutton Hoo: Exotic Luxuries.

Day 22.

Today was much better than yesterday. Yesterday was pretty terrible. Pretty much anything that could have gone wrong for me did, so that's why I did not blog about it. 

Today, I woke up and went to Primark to buy an umbrella because I lost mine. After Primark, I went to meet Kelsey at the British Museum. This museum is pretty cool, but it is gargantuan so can be pretty overwhelming. 


The main entrance is beautiful but the lighting it super green, as you can these by these pictures...




First, we walked through the Ancient Egypt Rooms.


Seated Sakhmet.

Part of the Sphinx's beard!

Ramesses II.

One of the most famous artifacts in The British Museum is the Rosetta Stone. Pretty cool!

The Parthenon Galleries, is probably my favorite part of the museum. 


Reconstruction of the The Nereid Monument.

The Parthenon Galleries hold most the remaining sculptures from The Parthenon in Athens, Greece. 


I like to call this one: Puyol trampling Messi to death. Anna is the only person who will understand that..

Sculpture blows my mind. 



This room is so beautiful. 

Then we went through the Enlightenment room. 
I want this room in my house.

A room of walls line with books.

Hercules.

Then we went to look at some mummies. 
I don't really know if there's a difference between a sarcophagus and a coffin, but I think this is a sarcophagus.

Mummy.

This is a Cleopatra.

But apparently not the famous one. 

There were so many people outside of the museum!

Ummm, then for lunch (after being super cultured at the museum) we decided to be stupid Americans and go to Chiplote. The food in London is perfect, except they literally have no Mexican food and I really wanted a burrito. 


But then after lame Chipotle, we went to Chatime, which is an awesome bubble tea place in Soho. I love bubble tea so much. 

The woman at the register gave me a death glare for trying to take a picture of the shop, so these are only pictures I could get. 

We were literally the only white people in the store, it was awesome. 

My Lemon Yogurt Smoothie was fantastic! 

Tonight, I had to do laundry... This is where I do laundry. 

Laundry is just the worst. It cost $7.00. 


Tomorrow, Kelsey and I are going to Cardiff, Wales. I'm excited, I love Wales so much. Christian Bale is Welsh, and apparently there is a bunch of Dr. Who stuff to see in Cardiff. I've never seen Dr. Who before but Kelsey is obsessed with it, so it should be interesting!

Peace out. 



1 comment:

  1. Sorry that I comment on every post but this blog is killing me. Your hair looks so good and so long. I have been eating chipotle like all the time....even though I am not in london. Puyol trampling Messi to death is the perfect description and should be put in the museum and I am crying of laughter over it.

    ReplyDelete