Thursday, May 16, 2013

Shakespeare and Matthew McConaughey Day.

Day 10. 

Today, I did a lot of different things. 

I started out the day at the Globe Theatre. Our class has a tour of Globe Theatre, which is only a replica of the original Shakespeare's Globe Theatre. The best part about the tour though was our guide. He was very British and awesome. 





The tour was pretty cool, but it would have been cooler if the theatre was actually from the 1600s.

The other good thing about the Globe is that it is just down the Thames from Borough Market. Obviously, that is where we went for lunch. It was perfect, as always. 

It was actually nice and sunny today so we were able to eat outside!

I got ravioli from the pasta booth today.

Delicious.

And the cheesecake booth. I wish everyone could try this lemon cheesecake because it is life changing.

You're so very welcome, Borough Market!

Then after lunch, we had to get back to the Globe to see a production of The Tempest. The production was really good, it was just annoying because we had to stand the whole time. 
The roomies and me sitting on the ground before we had to stand for 4 hours. 

Tonight, I needed to be myself for a little while so naturally I went to Leicester Square, which is a giant square surrounded by movie theaters. Leicester Square is where they hold all of the big London movie premieres. All of the London Harry Potter premieres were in Leicester Square. 

Unfortunately, the Square is under construction...

The Prince Charles Cinema is one of the coolest art house theaters ever (obviously not as cool  as the State Theatre but it is really close)... I'm going to see a movie here on Wednesday! I can't wait. 

They seriously play the best movies.

This is the Theater that I went to tonight. I went to see Mud. The new movie with Matthew McConaughey and Reese Witherspoon. It was so good! Everyone should go see it. 
Anyway, the Empire Cinema is really nice. And is was great because the theaters are really small. It was a really fun experience. 


There were only like 40 seats. 

Another great day in the greatest city on earth. 





No comments:

Post a Comment