Saturday, May 18, 2013

Canary Wharf

Day 12.

Oh boy. Today was great. I did so many London-y things today, but more importantly, Kanye's new song. #thankthelawd

I woke up really early this morning to get to Portobello Market before it got too crowded. Portobello is on of the largest antique markets in the world. It's so awesome. Also, the walk there is so brilliant because of all the colorful houses. 



George Orwell used to live here. 


I thought about what color I would like to paint my little flat the entire time I was at the market, I still haven't decided..

Cute tea sets.

Clocks. Also, a cool old man.

Horns, anyone?

Really old expensive books.

I love this CD guy. He is so nice.

So much silver.

These cameras are so heavy.


Too bad I can't box...

Telescopes.

Men in Britain actually wear beautiful blazers. 

Magnifying glasses. They literally have everything at this market.

Jumpers. 

Too bad I don't wear jewerly. 

So many record stations.

There is also a produce section of the market.

A booth just for bruschetta. yum.

But naturally, I walk straight to the doughnuts.

So good!



But my favorite part of the market is the vintage clothing sections. Mom, you should be proud, I only bought one thing. 

I want all the things!

Too bad I'm not classy enough.

THIS DRESSSSSSS.


I want all the things!

I want all the things!

I wish I could pull this off...


The walk home took me twice as long because it got so insanely crowded.

But I got to see this awesome old woman with colored dreads.

More colored flats.

Got to listen to this precious british teens sing.

Probably my favorite one. 

Then my roomies and I decided to be ultra tourists and ride the London Eye. The last time I went the London Eye was when my family went to London about 10 years ago.
Wow. We were such fashion killas... 








Of course, like idiots, we decided to ride the Eye on a Saturday so we had to wait in a very long line. I hate lines.

The pod before ours.

On the way up.


The best view on the city.

#selifiecity

Houses of Parliament.

On the way down.

I love this place. 


Then we had to go all the way to Greenwich to see a production of King Lear at the Greenwich Theatre. I had forgotten how much I like Greenwich. It's so cute. 


 We went to a pub for dinner. It was so good. I think I had the best chips of my life.


Me in the pub, drinking my the best diet coke I've ever had. #yolo


This was the theatre we saw Lear. It was called Lear because Lear was played by woman. 

Also, I discovered my favorite tube stop name. 

I never want to leave. 





2 comments:

  1. I am DYING over the picture of your baby family. Too cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress!!!!
    That's a shock from the past! Why did I let you kids grow up????

    ReplyDelete