Friday, May 24, 2013

Cumberbatchin'

Day 17.

Today, we went to one of my favorite place in London, St. Paul's Cathedral. St. Paul's is where Princess Diana got married, and it is the most magnificent Cathedral I've ever been to. 




It was really rainy outside, so I wore two jackets. 

These stairs are in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I'll let you figure out what part of the film. 


We had to walk up 200 stairs to get to the first Gallery. So gorgeous. 

Then we had to walk up 300 more stairs to get to the very top. This picture was taken half way up. 

Finally, the view from the top! London is the most beautiful city in the world. 

It was super windy!

The Millenium Bridge and The Globe Theatre.


These were the stairs we had to climb up. I climbed 1056 stairs today...

I look so small compared to this Cathedral.

After we left St. Paul's, Kelsey and I went to find Leadenhall Market, which is the street the Harry Potter filmmakers based Diagon Alley. I had been to this market when I came here in fifth grade, so I wanted to revisit in the magic.



This was me 15 years ago. 

This was apparently where the entrance to the Leaky Cauldron was, I don't really know if I believe it...

Because it would not stop raining today, I decided to go to the National Portrait Gallery. The NPG is probably my favorite art museum in London and they happened to be having a Man Ray Portraits exhibit. It was so good. Man Ray was a genius with a camera. 



My roommates and I just got back from seeing Star Trek: Into Darkness. I actually really liked it, mostly because Benedict Cumberbatch was a boss. 

These were the steps they had in the movie theatre. Cinemas are so much cooler in London. 

It's supposed to be sunny tomorrow! I really hope so...

Cheers!


1 comment: