Thursday, May 30, 2013

Doctor What the Whaaaat?

Day 23.

Today was very interesting. 

Kelsey, Ali and I woke up really early to catch our coach to Cardiff. I was really excited because I love Wales a lot, but I was not really looking forward to our 3.5 hours bus ride. 



Kelsey and I waiting for the bus to start. 

The bus ride wasn't too bad because I slept most of the way

The Cardiff Central train station.

Okay, so, the main reason we went to Cardiff was because Kelsey is a rather obsessive Doctor Who fan, and Cardiff is where a lot of the show is filmed. Cardiff also has the Doctor Who Experience. I have never seen an episode of Doctor Who in my entire life, I just went along because I like Wales and I told Kelsey I would take pictures for her. Even though I knew absolutely nothing about the show, I was excited to see what all the hype was about. 

One of the first things I realized about Doctor Who, was that it is a children's show.  I thought the show was supposed to be kind of scary, but we walked into the building and there were a ton a kids. 


This is apparently called a Dalek. 

I watched about a 30 second clip of the show in the gift shop. 

First, we had to wait in line to go through the experience part of the Doctor Who Experience. It was was kind of like the first part of the Haunted Mansion ride in Disney World where they walk you through a couple of rooms and the characters talk to you. It was actually pretty fun!

After the experience is over we walk though the studios to see original props and costumes they used in the show.
A Tardis.

I don't know much about Doctor Who, but I do know that I love Matt Smith. I also know that this scary statue does not do his hair justice. 

Costumes from all of the previous Doctors.


The Face of Boe... 

These are the scariest dolls I've ever seen. 

I'm definitely going to start watching the show when I get back to Traverse City. I really want to know if I'll like it! 

Doctor Who was fun, but my favorite thing about Wales is the language. I am convinced the Welsh just made it up for fun. It literally makes no sense. 

Here are some examples:




But apparently Allan means exit so that's fun.

Then we just sort of walked around Cardiff because it is just so cute. 

Also, Wales has the best flag ever. 

There was a little market.

I really wanted to by this sweater but I didn't...



Found this really awesome hat. 

The main reason I went to Wales was to get my Toffee Waffles. They are thin crunchy waffle biscuits filled with soft butter toffee cream... so yeah... They are my favorite. 

We walked around the Cardiff Castle.

It was a really awesome bell tower. 



And really awesome animal gargoyles. 

Today was great! 

Tomorrow's supposed to be beautiful so Kelsey and I are going to have picnic!

Cymru am byth!



1 comment:

  1. But the worst part of the day was that you didn't get to ride next to me on the bus

    ReplyDelete