Monday, June 3, 2013

War Horses and War Rooms

Day 26.

My day was filled with a lot history. 

We had class this morning and then we went to the Imperial War Museum to see the Churchill War Rooms. This part of the museum shows the original Cabinet War Rooms, the wartime bunker that sheltered Churchill and his government during the Blitz. They were really interesting. 






This sign said what the weather was above ground. 


Prime Minister's Dining Room. 

Chief of Staff Conference Room. 

My favorite room was the Map Room. 




This is what each pin represents. It's kind of hard to see...

Then I got some gelato and went to see War Horse. It was the second time I got to see War Horse and I loved it just the same. The ending makes me cry every time. 




Tomorrow, I'm going on a hike.... 

Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment