Sunday, June 2, 2013

God Save the Queen.

Day 25.

Lovely, lovely, and lovely. The only word that can describe my day is lovely. 

It was 60 years ago today that Queen Elizabeth II was coronated in Westminster Abbey. She was only 27 years old! They are having a ceremony in Westminster Abbey on Tuesday and I'm really sad because I won't be able to go because I am require to go on a hike. and for those of you who really know me will understand how mad am I about this... but anyway, I love the Queen!

They had these banners hanging all around Picadilly and St. James's Palace.

But this morning I woke up and took a real old fashioned double decker bus to Hyde Park Corner so that I could walk to Green Park. 
These people would not get out of my shot...

Walked under this monument to get to Constitution Hill. 

Really cute Canadian Memorial in Green Park. 

I love Green Park. 

I found this lonely chair so I sat in it and read my book for a while. It was lovely!

Then I left the park and walked down the street to Waterstones Picadilly. Waterstones is just a bookstore chain in London, but the Picadilly store is huge! It's pretty much the greatest book store on earth because it has a huge film section! I wanted all the books!
  
But I only bought these two books!

After I left Waterstones I went to one of my favorite stores in London called Fortum & Mason. It's been in London since 1707. It's probably one of the most beautiful stores ever. My pictures are not going to do it justice at all. 

This was the the cutest clock ever. 

Cheesemonger is one of favorite words. 

They had a bunch of really pretty wedding cakes on display. 

The perfumery was so posh. 

The best perfume in the world. 

I think I need this hat. 

And these mini sparklers. 

And this mini box of trivia. 

And these candied organes. 

Tomorrow, we are going to the Churchill War Rooms! I'm really excited!









1 comment:

  1. That lovely monument you walked under is Wellington Arch. I got engaged there. Hopefully this happens to you with a lovely British fellow.

    ReplyDelete